Erosion Compliance Inspector (Vancouver, Washington)
Compensation: based on experience
Employment type: part-time or full-time
We are a multi-faceted Geotechnical, Materials Testing and Erosion consulting firm based in Vancouver Washington. Our company was established more than twenty years ago to provide superior engineering services to a wide range of clients in the commercial, industrial, financial, and legal service sectors. We offer expertise in the general areas of erosion consulting, remediation services, risk assessment, acquisition due diligence, environmental compliance, and litigation support. We recognize that a successful environmental consulting business is built by establishing long-term relationships with both our clients and our employees.
- This is a part-time and potential full-time professional position and requires working in both an office environment and in the field, as projects demand.
- Written report creation/retention, reviewing Compliance Forms/Documents, and correspondence with management.
- Performing General Permit Compliance Monitoring, Turbidity Testing and pH Analysis
- Working with associates to understand and successfully achieve project goals and tasks.
- Completing General Permit tasks as directed by project managers.
- Coordinating with and monitoring project-associated subcontractors
- Ability to effectively record and maintain field notes, documenting site observations, project compliance standards, and Best Management Practice functionality
- Background in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific discipline
- Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL) Inspector (provided by SWT)
- Proficiency with MAC-OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Excellent verbal and written technical/business communication skills, including a strong aptitude for gathering information needed for decision making and providing relevant feedback.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple project tasks concurrently.
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- The physical ability and willingness to perform field work are required for this position.
For full-time employees, after a 3 month probationary period, benefits include: paid vacation time, healthcare options, accidental insurance, and potential company vehicle.